BADER ARCHITECTURE, Inc., a member of the American Institute of Architects, enjoys a distinguished reputation in the design field. Established in 1985, our firm’s broad range of experience includes new construction and adaptive re-use of elegant private homes, as well as apartments and condominiums, recreational facilities, clinics, churches, restaurants, and downtown redevelopment.
One of Bader Architecture’s projects was recently featured in Architectural Digest Magazine, and we have received recognition in both Washington CEO Magazine and Pacific Magazine for superior custom design work. Other recognitions include the AIA Home of the Month Award and the American Society of Interior Designers Award of Excellence. Gregory Bader offered a regional perspective on architecture in Sun Coast Builder Magazine and was a special guest on Serious Money on KCTS Television.
We make positive and real differences in the quality of life of each of our clients. We believe that the visions of individuals, neighborhoods, and communities can be expressed in brilliant and timeless architectural designs with planning that invites creative participation. To that end, we offer superior design talents and expertise, technical competence, and professional service to help our clients fully realize their dreams.
Gregory J. Bader, A.I.A.
At Bader Architecture, we believe that designing and helping to realize buildings is both a privilege and a responsibility. We want to make a real difference in our clients’ lives, but also recognize the enduring nature of buildings and their potential impact on the attitudes and values of a community. That’s why we are committed to producing the highest quality architectural designs—designs that symbolize and honor each client’s highest aspirations, while addressing the needs of a community over time.
Our firm takes pride in creating thoughtful solutions to seemingly impossible building problems. While one project may require historical accuracy and authenticity, another may require originality and innovation. We focus on finding architectural images and structures uniquely suited to each physical context. Then we tailor each design to an individual client’s program, budget, and aesthetic intentions.
Bader Architecture places special emphasis on establishing a shared vision among owner, architect, technical design consultants, the builder and governing agencies. Our focus on good communication and clear understanding ensures our team works effectively and efficiently with our clients and with city, state, and private agencies in feasibility siting and development of projects.
Gregory J. Bader, AIA
With thirty years of experience—more than twenty as principal of Bader Architecture, Inc.–Greg sets the tone and direction of the firm’s approach to design. His extensive travels and studies have refined his natural intuition for discerning the essence of the style at hand. Greg encourages a team approach at Bader Architecture, but conducts design reviews on all projects and at all stages of a project’s development.
Greg has received recognition for projects involving enhancement or reinterpretation of a given historic style as well as for those venturing into modern design idioms. He believes in carefully tailoring each of his designs to a client’s desires, but also considers each building’s impact and dependence on its context. His experience includes a broad array of land use and planning feasibility studies, and he is committed to ensuring the highest quality designs and construction in urban environments.
Greg obtained his Bachelor Degree in Environmental Design, Cum Laude, from the University of Washington, Seattle, in 1975. In 1980, he received his Masters Degree in Architecture from Columbia University in New York City. While living in New York, Greg worked for Robert A.M. Stern.
- Architectural Digest, July 2006
- Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. Simply Perfect Garden Rooms. 2004
- Seattle Homes and Lifestyles Magazine , 1999, 2002
- American Society of Interior Designers Award, 1994, 1997, 2004
- Washington CEO Magazine , 1994
- Seattle Times , Pacific Magazine, 1991,1998, 2004
- Seattle Times / AIA Home of the Month, 1992, 2001
- “Serious Money”;, KCTS TV Featured guest , 1990
- William Kinne Fellows Traveling Fellowship to SE U.S. 1982
- William Kinne Fellows Traveling Fellowship to England 1980
- Floyd A. Naramore Fellowship 1978, 1979
- Columbia University Scholarship 1977, 1978, 1979
Greg is a member of the American Institute of Architects, the Classical America Society of New York, Historic Seattle, and the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Greg is a board member for MESA and Builder Architect Magazine. He is also an active contributor to The Hunger Project.
- Aurora Place Condominiums, Seattle , Washington
- Corporate Collection Art Installation, Safeco Tower , Seattle , Washington
- David Weatherford Antiques & Interiors, WAMU Tower Showroom, Seattle , Washington
- Dr. Barnes Residence, Seattle , Washington
- Dr. Pearce Residence, Renton , Washington
- Gowdy Residence, Bellevue , Washington
- Inner Dune Residence, East Hampton , New York
- King Residence, Seattle , Washington
- Lakeside Industries Headquarters, Bellevue , Washington
- Lo Residence, Seattle , Washington
- Morrison Residence, Redmond , Washington
- Neumann Residence, Medina , Washington
- Oberto Residence, Seattle , Washington
- Public Art Placement, State Arts Commission, Washington State Convention Center , Seattle , Washington
- Senator Binkley Residence, Fairbanks , Alaska
- Sikma Residence, Medina , Washington
- Stack Residence, Seattle , Washington
- Tenant Improvements, Northgate Place Shopping Center , Seattle , Washington
- Waterfront Place Condominiums, Seattle , Washington
- Welch Residence, Seattle , Washington
- White Residence, Seattle , Washington
- Winn Residence, Seattle , Washington
SANDRA PINTO de BADER
Sandra provides strategic planning for Bader Architecture, Inc., establishing short- and long-term business objectives for the firm. Her business expertise includes international experience, from her work with the Mexican Foreign Ministry, as well as her leadership and initiative in establishing a start-up company after she moved to the US in 1991. Over the years, Sandra has served as a business consultant for a wide-range of clients, including several Fortune 500 companies.
Sandra obtained her JD Degree, Cum Laude, in 1989, from the University del Valle de Mexico in Mexico City. She received her Masters in Business Administration from the University of Washington in 2001.